I love Ferry Boats. I love them. I love the serenity and feeling of traveling over millions of gallons of water. I love the views of mountains, trees and cities (although, if I'm being honest, I wish the cities were not there). I love cups of hot clam chowder on freezing cold days. I love the man who eats the same kind of cereal from the same Tupperware, pouring his mild from the same plastic bottle everyday (Shane, HATES that routine and if he happens to read this--which is more than unlikely--he will be disgusted with me!). I like how Seattle-y I feel when I'm on the ferry. I love that it is starting to get light out when I ride the ferry to work and I can see the sun peaking over the tips of the Cascades. I love that it is starting to get dark (most nights) when I take the ferry home and I can see some glorious sunsets over the tips of the Olympics.
That being said I am so DONE with getting up at 4:30. I know, I know, tons of people have it worse and, at least, I'm not driving for 1.5 hours. But I want to run everyday and plant a garden and spend more time with the fam and bake cookies, and, and, and...and...Praying for a job to open up on the other side. It is hard to be patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment