Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Introducing...A NEPHEW!

T was fascinated with his tiny little newborn ears. She kept telling me to "look how tiny his ears are!" In an excited whisper.























Yep, we finally have a BOY nephew in the family.

Let me just pause and say that we do have TWO boy great-nephews (shout out to Brayden and (little) Shane). But this is the first, and quite possibly only, boy we have in the family.
Welcome to your crazy family Scotty Dean.

Let me clarify, by saying that, I think we are probably the most crazy branch of the family tree. You, will probably have a totally normal, non-crazy life with your branch of the family. Uh, huh...

We are all very excited and already planning all of the boy things we should buy for him. We drove down Saturday morning after he was born on Friday. I was very exicited for this because, well, let's just say I have a thing for newborns. I could barely contain myself. And because there were so many other youngsters (Scotty's big sisters) distracting the other adults I was able to steal Scott and hold him for a good hour with NO interuptions. I thought a couple of times that I should check with his Mom or Dad to make sure they didn't want him back. Then the competitiveness in me kicked in and I thought, "You snooze you loose. Let's see you get out of that bed and get him back. Not gonna happen." Now, as my sister-in-law had just GIVEN BIRTH this probably wasn't the most gracious of thoughts. But, that's the way it went down. I only relinquished my hold on the poor little guy (who is probably going to remember my scent and cry every time I come around in the near future) when my brother-in-law (Scotty's Dad) wanted to say bye before he took the big sisters home for a nap.
More pictures of to come... Shane thinks that newborn babies do not really like it when a flash goes off right in their face. Whatever, Shane. That boy will be glad to have such cute pictures when he is an adult. So, my pictures of just Scotty Dean will have to be taken on the down low when we visit next time.

No comments: