Sunday, September 13, 2009

no fair!

We had planned on going to the fair this weekend. But, that didn't happen.

Shane was sick, then T was sick.

I did a witch-doctor curse on my entire house so that I won't get sick. I think it worked, phew.

Lately, I swear a lot. A lot. And, I'm not going to lie, I like it. It is such a release to just let a few expletives fly when something is really irritating you. The start of the school year is always a bit tense. I used to never swear. I also used to never drink beer. These two situations are not related but they are not mutually exclusive either. Clearly, neither is going to stop anytime soon. And don't worry, I rarely, if ever, swear in front of the children (T or my students). But, I might start...I'm just putting that out there.

If you want to taste some deliciousness, try these: Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins. Really good. I made some substitutions. I only put in 1/2 of each type of sugar and used a whole can of pumpkin (because who needs 1/5 of a can of pumpkin sitting in the fridge?). Also, I only used 1/2 the oil. Everyone likes them and they will be breakfast all week.

I wish we were more exciting around here...but we're not. Seriously, the start of the school year has been rough. Shane actually had to miss the SECOND day of school. If you know Shane, you know this is crazy talk. He has been so sick. No voice. Fever. No good. Which, means he hasn't wanted to do anything at all...which leaves me lots of time to peruse the Internet. Which, led me to believe that I think I need this dress. In gray. Not pink. Throw a t-shirt on underneath or a cardigan over the top and BAM your outfit is done for the day. perfect for school. Convincing, aren't I? Now I just need to convince my bank account.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Ha. welcome to our house. I will admit it too.