Seriously, is it the 4th day already? Well, kind of...not full 24 hours but if you start in the morning this is the 4th morning.
Recap:
Day 1: Tuesday, May 25th: 26 Weeks Pregnant
Today you, baby boy, decided to kick a hole in your amniotic sac. I blame your father. He had been teaching you samurai moves for the past several weeks. It's not your fault you decided to use them!
Woke up 5am discovered huge puddle on floor, speedy drive to emergency, ambulance ride to UW Hospital (should have taken helicopter...seriously...ambulance ride was not super). Steroid shots, antibiotics, many IV's yuck. Lots of blown veins at emergency room. Grandma flew over at noon. Everyone, freaking out. Your mom getting annoyed at all the freaking out. Dad is exhausted having to go figure out lesson plans for the week. T is scared but feeling a little out of the loop because we can't really go see her. Cheryl and Brian came over after thier flight landed!
Day 2:
Surprise, surprise didn't sleep at all last night. But, you had the best heart beat on the whole floor during the night. Well, that's what the nurse told me and I chose to believe her. Lots of sitting. I got to brush my teeth! Yeah. More antibiotics, fluids, insulin, shots, etc. Lots of visitors! Grandma and Grandpa Westby came to see you too.
Day 3:
This whole woken up every 45 minutes thing is getting tiring. Slept king of slept from 1-4 last night (not in a row). Dad did too. More IVs, shots, insulin, antibiotics (oral and drip now). Your heart rate is so fantastic we are graduating! We moved rooms at 8:00pm into the long term facility. Smaller room but all of the Labor and Delivery stuff is out which makes me very happy. Also, I have been told there is a view of Mt. Rainier when it is clear (I will believe it when i see it).
Day 4:
We slept! Dad and I slept a good 6 hours. I still had blood sugars taken every hour but I just sort of slept through it. It was awesome. Your heart rate is so awesome we just monitor it a few times a day now. So, I'm not hooked up to a giant belly band. 1st day in the new room...hopefully, we will spend a long, long time here. But, it's weird to think about not going home!
No comments:
Post a Comment