Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow



Well, Shane's school district failed to impress me (again) today...  Instead of letting out early so everyone could get home safe, after we got 3 inches of snow, they went the entire day.  So, Shane ended up walking 1/2 way home when the roads got too slick and the car skidded off.  Lovely.  There are two cars in the ditch at the bottom or our driveway and our road is closed because it is so slick.  I still find it funny that everything comes to a screeching halt when it snows here.  I get that it is mostly because there just isn't the equipment to plow/de-ice, etc. but when I called my Mom today she was heading out to go run errands and they had at least 6 inches on the ground and it was still snowing!

The good news is that Calder got to see his first snow.  He did not care one way or the other.  We're betting that Shane will have a snow day tomorrow as temperatures are not expected to change.  I am getting really excited to go for a run in the snow.  Hooray!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures, little C looks like he is having fun on his first snow day. Too bad Shane had to walk home, did he have chains on his shoes? ha ha ha

Katherine Wakefield said...

So cute!!!

Stephanie said...

Love it!