Monday, January 17, 2011

We went on an outing!

First stay in a hotel room for Calder and Chocolate.  They were both very good.

We went to Long Beach (off-season rates) for the long weekend.  It was rainy.  Very rainy.  Plus, I've got the cold to end all colds.  I took one for the team and toughed it out.  I refuse to acknowledge colds.  My theory is that they don't stick around as long if you pretend they don't exist.  That does not seem to be working out so well for me this time.  And why does the coughing get worse in the evening/night?

Cold 1 - Alisha 0.

I taught Shane and T how to Tim Tam Slam.  Shane had his doubts.  But then he tried it and agreed it was pretty delicious.  I have no idea why he ever doubts me.


Calder was SO close to rolling over from back to front this weekend.  So close....I think we actually ruined it for him because we were all screaming and cheering so loud when he almost flipped himself I think we scared the stuffing out of him.  He just sort of stared at us like, "What the...?"  He has really taken a shining to his monkey toy.  He loves it almost as much as his giant Ugly Doll pillow that Cheryl and Brian gave him for Christmas.  Don't worry, there is an entire post coming up dedicated to his love of the Ugly Pillow.  Here is Calder making moon eyes at his friend Monk the Monkey.
 Hi Monk.  What's goin' on?
 Serious conversation face.
 Dude!  I can totally relate...it's tough being a monkey!

I've been looking at Tayler's baby pictures a lot lately and she definitely has the same features now that she did as a baby.  So, here's my question?  Do you think Calder is going to grow some eyebrows?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love your posts. Keep them coming. He is getting so big and adorable!