Because, germs.
We are not crazy but the little guy cannot stay well. He has germs from 3 different schools blasted at him everyday and it is just too much for him. He is now getting his inhaler every day as a preventative measure and, hopefully, that will give him a little boost as far as respiratory strength if he happens to catch a cold.
I have had mixed feelings about this birthday. Of course, hooray! Fun! Our son is one! But, at the same time I have approximately zero good memories of the day he was born. It was a wee bit stressful. I can remember a lot of details from the day and all day today I kept listing what was happening a year ago at different times throughout the day. The saddest part was that I did not get to say, "And then I met him!!" until about 2 o'clock (he was born at 7:02am). Sad! Feeling sorry for me?
Well, you shouldn't because LOOK at this little person! He is so funny. He has started communicating a lot more. For example, he can sign "more" (although, he does it non stop all the time so I do not think he knows what it means). We are working on "all done" but right now he just scrunches up his face and turns red and pushes forcefully his high chair tray to indicate that he would, please, like to be excused from the table. We're working on that. He gives kisses and plays paddy-cake and cries every time he sees an Ugly Doll because he knows it is his nap time. We love him more than all the weeds in our yard. And that, my friends, is a whole lot.
Nothing says "happy birthday" like a morning breathing treatment.
Can I just play with the ribbon?
How about eating the paper? Would that be alright?
Well, Mom and Dad are at least looking at the camera with their eyes mostly open.
Mmmmmmmm...
I'm really not crazy. But Calder's digestive system is only 9 months old. So, he got this lovely no dairy, no egg muffin. When you hit a year gestational you can have all the cake you want!
Tayler picks out the best presents!
(and Grandpa Westby makes the best Toy Boxes!)







1 comment:
Glad he had a great birthday. He will never remember his 1st birthday so don't feel bad about not having a party for him. In 3 months when he old enough to eat cake he will be well enough to enjoy it with some friends!
Cute, cute pics and I can see the Simchuk in him:)
Post a Comment