Hate is a strong word. If I knew a stronger one I would use it. The only good thing is that he caught it this year and not last. Last year we were in pretty much isolation during RSV season...sure we had the occasional outing but for the most part Calder and I were cooped up in the house. We would go for a walk outside but tried to stay out of public places. And, it was good...because he did not get RSV. I am sure it was more because of the synagis shots than my isolation efforts. This year he does not get the synagis shots...if he had been born about a week earlier he would still qualify. Not that I'm complaining about that. 28 weeks rocks! But, it sort of sucked to hear he had RSV...even though he is handling it and his lungs are doing amazing considering. Last year this would have been at the very least a hospital stay including intubation. This year? Just a little extra inhaler. Can't complain about that! Thank God for Shane's parents who have come up a few day to watch Calder because I have zero sick leave left and Shane has missed a lot of school this year. A lot! Like, more than a years worth of sick leave. Oh, well. We are just so happy he is handling it so well!



No comments:
Post a Comment