Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Dog Ate My Mom's Birthday Cake...and other reasons why we are THAT family.

Well, techinically, the dog didn't eat the cake until after my Mom's party was over, phew. And, I honestly, think we forgot to tell her that the mutt ate the cake (conveniently). However, the reason the dog at the cake is more proof as to why we are THAT family. 

The moral of the story is:  Don't leave the leftover birthday cake on top of the chest freezer in the garage.  Even if the garage is as cold as the chest freezer would be...

Although, my family has been leaving food on top of that chest freezer since before I was born, I'm sure.  So, maybe the moral should be:  Don't let the dog's out when there is leftover birthday cake on top of the chest freezer.  But, that would take an act of God.  Because, let me tell you, keeping 5 dogs inside is not always the least chaotic choice...

So, I guess the REAL moral of the story is:  Make sure you eat all the birthday cake so there aren't any leftovers!  

THAT is a moral I can support. 

No comments: