Saturday, May 29, 2010

Who knew bed rest would be so tiring...?

Day 5 in bed.  Not too bad.  Got a little cranky today for the first time.  My blood sugars were all over the map due to the steriod shots and pre-term labor situation.   But, I think we are figuring things out.  My favorite doctor (okay, i've only seen her twice but I am declaring her my favorite anyway)....As I was saying, my favorite doctor came in this afternooon and we figured out a plan for my Insulin Pump that I think is going to work out really well.  And even if it doesn't I know she will be on top of changing things around so I'm a happy camper.   Also, she wants me to eat two snacks a day!  I never eat snacks!  And her suggestion:  Cheese and Crackers or a handful of Peanut M&M's.  Yes, Please!

Grandma and Grandpa Westby came to visit with Aunt Kareena.  It is GOOD to have visitors.  The walls eventually start to look pretty boring.  A-hem.  Kareena brought a bunch of chick flicks...Yeah!  And Grandma Westby brought me a beautiful Iris from her yard.   I will think of Tayler Iris every time I see it!  So, that makes me very happy, of course.

A few minute ago the nurse came and took out my last IV!  I just have to drink plenty of water by mouth and am back on the insulin pump so no longer need the IV.   I've had a few IVs since I got here and the sites are pretty sore.  I think this one will be okay because they put it in very carefully.  The first three I had were in the emergency room and it was PAINFUL.  Two of my veins blew after the IV was in so they kepts having to start over.  A little stressful.  A little stressful...

T wants to spend the night tonight...which, I am all for.  Except for the tiny little fact that I don't really want her to witness me going in to labor and then having a tiny preemie immediately.  Because, apparently, when you go into labor after having your membrane rupture...You Have the Baby!  Like, immediately.  So, maybe not such a good idea.  I am glad she is comfortable here though.  And, I don't plan on having the baby anytime soon.  I'm just saying. 

2 comments:

Kareena said...

Yippee, I love the good news :) Yeah, Tayler probably shouldn't stay the night, I agree. I wouldn't want her to hear someone else screaming in labor in the night, let alone you. I hope things are quieter for you today. Thinking of you! At least you aren't missing out on any nice weather.

Love,
Kareena

Jamie t. said...

totally forgot I could check the blog. I love the updates...keep them coming.
jamie