Sunday, July 25, 2010

Spitting up but otherwise perfect

Calder continues to spit up every chance he gets.  He is still having trouble clearing his airway when he spits up.   Before yesterday I hadn't seen him do it.  Yesterday, I got to witness two episodes.  Geesh.  First, right when we got there.  I walked in and you can see his monitor from the front of the room and his heart rate was at 13 (should be about 160) and the nurse was standing over him working.  I wasn't too panicked but still not something you want to see.  He was already cleaned up when I got there and his heart rate was on it's way back up.  Then, when Shane and I got back from dinner (a great dinner with fun friends) we walked in and Calder had spit up again.  This time his heart rate didn't go down but his breathing and oxygen saturation did.  So, Shane cleaned him up fast and then he spit up again and the nurse cleaned him up.  This is something he will eventually grow out of.  I would like him to grow out of it in about 2 weeks.  He will be 37 weeks in about two weeks...and we could go home if he is not spitting up. 

2 comments:

Kareena said...

Happy 7 weeks, baby boy! I love you!

Stephanie said...

I pray he will outgrow this quickly. He is making such amazing progress though.

Stephanie F.