Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Uglies


Well, well, well the Ugly Doll post….I’m sure we’ve all been waiting for.

I love Ugly Dolls.  I think they are fantastically cute.  I am a little sad because I think they are becoming quite popular and I would prefer they remain on the “fringe” of being cool.  When we started thinking about decorating Calder’s room I did not want it to be too baby-ish because as a general rule I despise anything too cute, baby-ish or themed.  But, I did want him to have some cute stuff that would easily be transferable to a toddler and even kid room.  So, I decided I wanted to make an Ugly Doll mobile!  

Unfortunately, Calder decided to kick his way out before I had time to figure out how to do this. 
  After much looking, a friend found the perfect mobile base on Etsy.  Side note:  I LOVE etsy.  

Then my thoughtful husband started making the dream come true as he would bring me Ugly Dolls as I sat in the hospital before and after the Chubster was born.  Calder had Ugly Dolls all over his Isolet!  The nurses thought we were crazy because I was like, “Nothing Cute!  Nothing Baby!  No baby blue!”  Hee Hee.  Calder needed to be TOUGH.

So, we had the perfect Ugly Mobile and THEN….Cheryl and Brian gave Calder what I like to call the Ugly Pillow.  A stuffed Ugly that looks perfect on the rocking chair in his bedroom.  

Calder loves his Ugly Pillow.  It is so funny to watch him stare at it.  He thinks that Ugly Doll is pretty sneaky and doesn’t want to look away for fear that Ugly will attack!  This is not a great picture because that darn giraffe is in the way but, trust me, the ultimate staring contest was on. 
 And then one day Calder beat that Ugly down!  He pinned that Ugly and then promptly fell asleep.  It was shocking! 

So, I guess we kinda ended up with a little bit of a theme...what with the Uglies and all.  But, I love it!

No comments: